In 1983 the members of the firm purchased the Professional Building located at 1023 Manatee Avenue West in Bradenton. The building had become somewhat run-down and was functionally obsolete, having been built with, for example, no air conditioning. Following the purchase, they completed an historic rehabilitation of the building, receiving an award from the State for the best such project in the State. The rehabilitation restored the building, but in a way that it could be used today.
Grimes Hawkins Gladfelter & Galvano, now known as Grimes Galvano, located in downtown Bradenton, is celebrating its 100th anniversary.
The firm, founded in 1922, was started by E. Glenn Grimes and Alvan B. Rowe in Palmetto. In 1914, Glenn Grimes had moved to Florida from Chicago, having received his law degree from Northwestern University. First arriving in Santa Rosa and working his way down to Palmetto, Grimes began practicing law in Manatee County, representing the citrus industry and the city of Palmetto over the years. In 1922, Grimes partnered with Alvan Rowe to begin what is now known as Grimes Galvano.